1. National Dress Up Your Pet Day: January 14
You don’t have to wait for Halloween for an excuse to dress up your pet. Style your dog or cat in your favorite costume on this holiday.
2. Pet Theft Awareness Day: February 14
Thousands of dogs get stolen every year, especially during deer season. Labrador Retrievers and other hunting breeds are targeted in particular. Make sure to keep them safe.
3. Bulldogs are Beautiful Day: April 21
If you have a Bulldog then this is the holiday for you and your furry friend.
4. Hug Your Cat Day: June 4
I’m sure there’s nothing more than your cat wants then a giant hug from you.
5. National Black Cat Appreciation Day: August 2017
Black cats have a bad reputation for being bad luck. This holiday is here to help switch this reputation around.
6. Dog Film Festival Day: October 15
Get the cameras out and start filming. It’s time show off your film on this holiday. Your dog has always wanted to be a star.
7. National Mutt Day: December 2
They may not be purebred breeds, but mutts are still dogs and deserve recognition too.